Hello and Welcome to the campaign 2020 year. Here at United Way of Eastern New Mexico, through our grants, we help 12 different agencies. Here is a list of agencies we help:
- American Red Cross is providing emergency services throughout the community and in a five county area. American Red Cross helps with disaster relief, international services, blood donation, and training & certifications. To learn more go to redcross.org or call Disaster 1-800-842-7349/Clovis Site 575-763-4129
- Clovis Meals on Wheels delivers specific meals to the homebound elderly and disabled individuals in the city of Clovis, New Mexico. We deliver meals every day, including weekends and holidays. Clients choose which days they would like to receive a meal. If you would like to learn more call 575-714-6325.
- Curry Resident Meal Association is a place where individuals over the age of 60 can get a well-balanced meal and socialize. If you would like to learn more about call 575-762-9405.
- Food Bank of Eastern New Mexico is to function as a central warehouse for emergency food items for area service agencies that help several food insecure populations in five eastern New Mexico counties. FBENM and its network of agencies provide services to the ill, elderly, children, individuals, family units and low income residents. FBENM serves clients through six programs operated alongside our main mission. To learn more go to www.fbenm.org or call (575) 763-6130.
- Friends of Cannon Families: Not sure on this one HELP!
- Girl Scouts of New Mexico Trails is builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. In Girl Scout they will learn the important skills in four areas that form the foundation of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience: Science, technology, engineering, math (STEM), Outdoors, Life Skills, & Entrepreneurship. If you would like to learn more go to www.nmgirlscouts.org or call (505) 343-1040.
- Habitat for Humanity Roosevelt-Curry is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness by building basic but adequate housing. All our words and actions are for the purpose of putting shelter in the hearts and minds of people in such a way that poverty housing and homelessness become socially, politically and religiously unacceptable in our nation and world. If you would like to know more go to http://www.habitatrcc.com/index.php or call (575) 359-1344.
- Hartley House is a dedicated group of individuals working with the community, is to end the epidemic of domestic violence by providing physical and emotional refuge and advocating freedom from violence through education, intervention and treatment. If you would like to learn more about the Hartley House go to http://www.nmsvdv.org/ or call (575) 762-0050.
- Oasis Children Advocacy Center provides excellence in child abuse response and prevention through a leadership and child-focused program. If you would like to learn more call (575) 769-7732.
- Portales Meals on Wheels delivers specific meals to the homebound elderly and disabled individuals in the city of Portales, New Mexico. We deliver meals every day, including weekends and holidays. Clients choose which days they would like to receive a meal. If you would like to learn more call 575-714-6325.\
- RGH/Arise Sexual Assault Services seeks to empower survivors of sexual assault - all services are free, confidential, and voluntary. The services that they provide are 24/7 Crisis Hotline 575-226-7263, Medical/forensic (SANE) examinations, Volunteer Advocacy, Referrals, Emergency contraception, STI prophylactic treatment, Counseling & Support Groups, Mental Health Wellness Clinic, & Educational presentations. If you would like to learn more go to http://www.arisenm.org/ or call them at (575) 226-7263
- Salvation Army is an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination. If you would like to learn more about this organization go to www.salvationarmyusa.org or call (575) 762-3801.
- Special Olympics New Mexico is a global organization that serves athletes with intellectual disabilities working with hundreds of thousands of volunteers and coaches each year. If you would like to know more go to https://www.specialolympics.org/programs/united-states/new-mexico or call (505) 856-0342
These agencies help fight hunger, stop abuse, sexual assault, domestic violence, provide affordable housing, take care of our elders, and empowering our youth.
Alone, we can do so little. Together, we can do so much.
Text clovisschools to 41444 or hit the pledge button in the email.