Donor Relations Director
United Way of Eastern New Mexico is currently seeking an outward focused, action and results oriented individual to drive revenue and resources towards community needs.
Duties include corporate and individual donor relationship management, public speaking, event coordination, project and data management, community outreach and responsibility for hitting targets of fundraising campaign plans. This person will work hand-in-hand with the Executive Director and key members of the Board of Directors.
Core competencies for successful Donor Relations Director:
- Exemplify the organization’s mission and vision
- Outward turning
- Initiate contact and interact with donors and prospects
- Seeing the value of, and having desire to constantly connect with others
- Actively listens
- Link partner’s (donor, corporate leaders, & volunteers) aspiration to local needs/solutions
- Cultivate relationships toward common goal
- Understand what motivates engagement
- For corporate leaders: Understand how business works; business and economic trends/business acumen
- Seek win-win solutions
- Outward turning
- Set and maintain high performance standards for self
- Translate ideas into actions and results: action oriented
- Recognize and capitalize on opportunities to grow UWENM’s impact: growth mindset
- Entrepreneurial and innovative –
- Willing to try new things and take risks
- Belief in potential for success
- Effective communication
- Build donor desire and generate enthusiasm for the work
- Strategic thinker with ability to execute
- Manage data/Analytical – data driven decision making
- Volunteer management
- Set and get volunteer buy-in/ownership of common goals
- Train volunteers from the Board of Directors and community so they can act on behalf of UWENM and be accountable
United Way Donor Relations Director
- Actively participate in planning, executing, analyzing annual fundraising campaign to benefit local programs and services.
- Build relationships with corporate partners and individual donors to inspire greater financial support to UWENM.
- Partner with Executive Director on greatest strategic donor relationships.
- Seek out new corporate partners and individual donors to engage with UWENM.
- Coordinate annual fundraising events with volunteers.
- Manage Women United
- Work with steering committee to produce luncheons and other events for WU
- Grow WU membership and engagement
- Develop quarterly newsletter and other communications
- Manage pledge processing and donor data entry
- Leverage CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software and keep data updated
- Contribute to Facebook/Instagram accounts in collaboration with marketing team
- Represent UWENM in various community taskforces and committees and clubs
- Public spokesperson for regular radio and public appearances
- Make presentations to groups and individuals to give opportunities for community members to be engaged with United Way.
- Manage projects and activities that arise from community outreach work as needed.
UWENM values teamwork, integrity, and transparency. Our small staff is dedicated to the smooth operation of our organization and meeting the needs of our community. We achieve our goals with each staff person carrying out our individual responsibilities and then coming together to have greater impact. Asking for help is a gift that benefits us all.
Compensation and Benefits
- Starting between $14-$15 per hour. 37.5 hours per week. M-F 8am-4:30pm
Vacation and Sick Leave
- UWENM employees accrue one week of paid vacation and
two weeks of paid sick leave each year.
- In addition, employees enjoy paid federal holidays off and the weekdays
between Dec 26-Dec 31.
- UWENM matches up to 3% of employee’s salary in a Simple IRA account.
- Mileage reimbursement for errands and travel to meetings at IRS standard rates.