United Way of Eastern New Mexico unites neighbors and changes lives in Curry and Roosevelt Counties through program that improve Education, Income and Health.
United Way of Eastern New Mexico envisions a community that comes together -
- to encourage families that are working to become financially stable;
- reach out to and support young people at every educational stage; and
- encourage individuals to make healthy decisions while we reduce the barriers to healthy living.
In 2008, United Way World Wide set some lofty goals:
- Improve education, and cut the number of high school dropouts — 1.2 million students, every year — in half.
- Help people achieve financial stability, and get 1.9 million working families — half the number of lower-income families who are financially unstable — on the road to economic independence.
- Promote healthy lives, and increase by one-third the number of youth and adults who are healthy and avoid risky behaviors.
These goals are ambitious, but with your help United Way of Eastern New Mexico can move these goals forward in our local communities by utilizing our core strengths — local community relationships, a national network, committed partners, and public engagement capacity.